Halloween Chocolate Bugs
What You Need:
- One 9-ounce box of chocolate wafers
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons of light corn syrup
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of raspberry jam
- Black shoestring licorice
- ¾ cup confectioner's sugar
What to Do:
- Make Dough. Break up the wafers into very fine crumbs and put them in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the cocoa and confectioner's sugar with a whisk. Add the corn syrup and raspberry jam. Use your hands to mix everything together until your dough is smooth.
- Make Dough Balls. On a sheet of waxed paper, make 24 1-inch balls (bug bodies) and 24 ½-inch balls (bug heads) out of the dough. Stick the heads and bodies together
- Add Licorice Legs. For legs, cut the licorice into short pieces and press them into the sides of the bugs.
Reprinted with permission from National Wildlife Federation. For more family fun & kids games check out www.nwf.org!