Indiana General Assembly
The Indiana General Assembly's website is loaded with resources to help you stay up to date on the current legislative happenings in the state.
- Find information on both your State and US representatives by checking the Find Your Legislator page. We encourage contacting your representatives with environmental concerns about wildlife and wildlife habitats. The representative's purpose is to serve the needs of their districts so voice your opinion by getting in contact with them!
- Keep up to date with the current legislation being proposed and discussed at the state house by checking out their Bills for Session 2015 page.
- Indiana Wildlife Federation recently started an Instagram account to display the visual beauty of our state (@indiana_wildlife_fed). Don't have an Instagram? No problem! All of the photos are also posted to our Photo Gallery on the website.
Indiana Department of Natural Resources
- The Indiana DNR website is filled with useful information provided by their many divisions. The divisions range from entomology and plant pathology all the way to outdoor recreation; each division housing experts in their respective fields. Information on licenses, permits, regulations, tours and maps can all be found through the DNR landing page.
Indiana Natural Resources Commission
- Something we like to take advantage of here at IWF is sitting in on the NRC meetings held at Fort Harrison State Park. These meetings include activity reports from many of the different divisions from the Department of Natural Resources, Natural Resources Commission, and others. It can sometimes be difficult to make these meeting times but the Natural Resources Commission makes it easy for anyone to stay up to date by publishing their meeting minutes online.
Indiana Department of Environmental Management
- The Indiana Department of Environmental Management was established in 1986 to provide expert engineers, scientists, and environmental project managers for the state's benefit. These experts provide knowledge in pollution prevention, as well as air, land, and water quality issues.