IWF Wildlife and Habitat Conference
Updates on Current Issues, Discussion and Input, Building Consensus on Priorities and Actions
Sept. 12, 2014
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
IWF Office, 708 East Michigan Street
The Conference is FREE and open to the public but YOU MUST REGISTER HERE.
Please RSVP by Sept. 9th 2014.
Membership in IWF is encouraged and will be available at the door.
Lunch will be provided with a donation basket to cover the cost of the meal.
9 am - Noon
- Commercialization of Wildlife Threat and the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation
- Catfish: commercial fishing along the Ohio River
- Captive Deer: Summer Study Committee, Court of Appeals, IWF Resolution on import/export ban
- Wildlife and Habitat Conservation Strategies: State Wildlife Action Plan, Grouse Management Plan, Deer baiting for urban deer zones
- Pollinators – What’s the Issue?
- Connecting Children and Families with Nature: “What’s in Your WILD Backyard” Programs
- Wildlife Friendly Backyards – Simple ways to help wildlife at home
Noon – Lunch from Subway with contributions basket for donations
1 pm – 4:00 pm
- Water Resources - Availability and Future Demand: Water Resources IN Chamber Report, Proposed Mounds Reservoir, Summer Study Committee
- Asian Carp Update - What’s happening in Indiana Streams and Rivers and what can we do
- Understanding the State Legislative Processes - What it takes to get the laws and rules you want
- Tour of the Indiana Statehouse - How to find your way around and where to park when you want to speak at a committee hearing or talk to your legislator.